7 Sexy Ways to Ring in the New Year


7 Ways to put the Romance back in your Marriage

Do you want to have a sexy New Year Celebration with your wife? I do, but after 15 years of marriage the romance can kind of wear off - especially with two kids at home. I'm always looking for ways to put some romance back into my marriage, and 2 years ago I ran across a story on Fox News titled "7 Sexy Ways to Ring in the New Year." It's a great read and I definitely got some good ideas on how to put the romance back in our marriage. Here are their suggestions and my take on them. I hope you find them useful and enjoyable.

sleeping on the couch

1: Learn to Cook Something Together

Being in the kitchen can be very sexy...

"New Year's often means going out for dinner. But it can be hard to find a place to go. Restaurants are often already booked or too expensive. Or maybe the two of you can't agree on a restaurant. So, why not stay in and cook something together? Preferably something you've never cooked before."
This sounds like a lot of fun. I like to cook but usually I'm not allowed because I'm "too messy" and besides the stuff I like to cook "isn't healthy." Cooking together will solve the first problem, trying something "new" should quell protestations about the menu choices. I think top sirloin fried in butter, beer-battered zucchini (you need a vegetable) and mozzarella sticks, and cheese cake for dessert sounds great. To go with the food, maybe tomato juice (fruit - another healthy food!) with beer. Definitely a dinner we've never cooked before. Dang, I'm feeling romantic already...
(Image credit: Xiaohuaz)
"It may not sound very sexy at first. But nothing is sexier than watching someone else enjoy something that you really like. So, maybe he doesn't usually like romantic comedies and maybe she's not generally a big fan of cowboy epics. But why not settle in for a double feature and give it a go?"
Well, I've watched my wife's favorite movies lots of times, but I guess one more time couldn't hurt for the sake of romance... so while I'm cooking dinner (see above) "we" can watch one more round of "The Sound of Music" or "Gone With the Wind". Then after dinner we can watch "The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" or "Heat". It's a romantic evening so I'll let her pick which one...

Not sure what to watch? - If she'll watch this with you she really loves you...

What else to watch on New Years Eve than The Wild Bunch? Number 1, it's a Western and who doesn't love a good Western? Number 2, it has lots of gratuitous violence and what guy can't appreciate that? Number 3, it has one of the best gun fights ever shot on film in the history of film. OK so it's not a "chick" movie and she'll probably pick something like Gone With the Wind for her choice... but if she'll sit all the way through The Wild Bunch with you then you know she loves you (or maybe she just has the patience of Job...)
"If you always go to dinner, stay in. If you always go to a wild party, opt for a romantic dinner for two. If you always do something as a family, spring for a sitter and leave the kids at home. The unexpected is always sexy."
So, since I usually stay sober on New Years Eve... I just hope she'll appreciate the sacrifice I'm making for Romance:)

4: Go to Bed Early

More sleep would certainly make my less grumpy...

"I know. It's crazy. But there's no law saying you have to watch the ball drop. Almost everyone has New Year's Day off from work. But sleeping in doesn't count nearly as much if you don't go to bed until the wee hours of the night. So, why not grab your favorite snacks and DVDs, don your sexiest (or comfiest) pajamas and settle in for the night."
I'm not sure why they even mention this - it seems so obvious. Who wants to stay up late after a satisfying meal and drinks and a movie? Maybe they have a point though - a good night's sleep definitely makes me feel more rested and attractive...
(Image credit: picgifs.com)

Be sure to wear protection. - On a night like this you're going to need it...

Make sure you sleep safely. At the bare minimum you should have an eye shield to protect yourself from bright lights and ear muffs for protection from loud noises. If there is a rolling pin in the house a helmet wouldn't be a bad idea either...

5: Stay the Night in a Local Hotel - Why not? Probably more comfortable than the couch...

Cheap Hotel
Cheap Hotel
"New Year's can be a great time for a local vacation. Choose a hotel with a great restaurant or one that is within walking distance. You could stay at a romantic bed and breakfast or at a swanky hotel known for its sexy rooms. Some even have mini bars stocked with... toys and other goodies."
By this point I only thought I'd be in enough trouble to maybe have to sleep on the couch. I can see their point though if I'm really in trouble by now - a hotel might be safer...

6 Hire a Chef

What? I thought "we" were cooking...

"Turn your own house into the perfect, sexy dining destination. Hire someone to prepare dinner for you. It doesn't have to break the bank; lots of people offer their in-home cooking services for very reasonable prices. Set a beautiful table early in the day and then get all dressed up for a fancy night in."
Well at first I didn't see the point in this since "we" were going to cook. Then I remembered that "I" will be helping cook so a chef would be a good backup plan. I can't really afford to hire a chef to come to our house (especially on short notice) but there are a couple of good pizza chefs at local culinary establishments that offer something called "takeout." Something to keep in mind...
"Go roller skating, rock wall climbing, bungee jumping or do something outdoors - New Year's has become a time of overindulgence - overeating, over-drinking, over-sleeping. You end up starting the New Year feeling worse than you ever did in the last. Who needs it?"
I have a feeling the real activity will come in the spring with all the honey-do's I 'll be doing to make up for a botched romantic New Year's Eve...

Run It Off - These will help you move fast when you need to...

One of the best ways to stay active is running, and after a night like this one you may need to run - especially if someone is chasing you with a rolling pin. If you're going to have to run, make sure to put on a pair of good quality running shoes first. Running around barefoot is dangerous. If you're inside you could catch your little toe on a corner and believe me you don't even want to know how much that hurts. If you're outside, you could get locked out and get frostbite. So play it safe - wear some shoes this New Year's Eve. You'll thank yourself in the morning.